If your business is a Delaware C Corp., S Corp., or LLC, you may be wondering whether you need to comply with California annual corporate filing requirements. If you are doing any business in California, or are admitted on foreign qualification to California, the answer will most likely be “yes.”
If you are a Delaware company that has received qualification to do business in California as a foreign entity, then you will need to comply with the annual corporate requirements of both states (and any other states in which your business is admitted).
In addition, you should review your business’s activities to determine whether you should get qualified to do business in California, if you are not already admitted. Doing business in California will consist of any of these activities:
- Having employees in California
- Having a storefront, retail operations, lease, office, etc. in California
- Paying taxes in California
- Making income in California
- Any other business activity that avails your business of the benefits of the state of California
Shipping products to individuals in California only does not necessarily require that you become domesticated to do business in California, but if you need a clear answer on this, give AXIS a call and we can discuss your business’s unique circumstances and situation with you.
Top Business FAQs
- California Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy Sample Template
- California New Parent Leave Act 2018 Sample Policy Template, Rules, Overview and FAQs
- California 2018 Employee Handbook
- California Interview Questions – What Not to Ask
- Paid Sick Leave Los Angeles California 2018 | Rules, Overview and FAQs
- What the New Tax Bill Means for Small Businesses, Startups, LLCs, S Corps, and Sole Proprietors
- New California Employment Laws 2018
- California Liquor License Rules: Special Events, 1-Day Events, and Private Parties
- Multi-State Businesses: Which State’s Wage and Hour Laws Must be Followed?
- Could Your LLC Save on Taxes by Converting to an S Corp?
Latest Business Representations
- Technology Infrastructure Company Axis Legal Counsel for Business Operations Matter
- Los Angeles Technology Infrastructure Services Provider retains Axis Legal Counsel for Employment and Labor Guidance
- Technology Solutions Company Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Business Litigation Dispute
- Digital Media Services Startup Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- Technology Marketing Company Retains Axis Legal Counsel for Client Services Contract Transactions
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired in Accountant Malpractice Litigation
- Axis Hired by LA’s Leading Immersive Experience Entertainment Company
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Limited Partner against Wrongful Conduct of General Partner in Limited Partnership (LP) Dispute
- Los Angeles Internet Marketing Business Hires Axis Legal Counsel for Business Dispute Involving Services Contract
- Los Angeles Tattoo Shop Hires Axis Legal Counsel in Shareholder Dispute