Fashion Law & Industry Representation
► ENTERTAINMENT & MEDIA LAW PRACTICE
Axis offers representation to designers, fashion houses, fabric manufacturers, and numerous others connected to the fashion industry in a variety of entertainment legal matters and disputes.
Whether it is contract negotiations, entity formation, compliance with California laws and regulations, licensing, copyright/trademark matters, consulting, strategic advice, or production issues, Axis offers entertainers connected to the fashion industry high-quality legal representation spanning multiple legal fields.
Fashion Law & Industry Practice Areas
We can help represent manufacturers, distributors, buyers, retailers, designers, garment workers, salvagers, wholesalers, and others with a variety of legal issues relating to fashion law and the industry. Our fashion practice focuses on both transactional and litigation issues faced by the fashion community, including fashion licensing, copyright, trademark and business litigation or digital media, social commerce, business agreements, strategic planning and client counseling. Axis has experience with a variety of issues pertinent to the fashion industry, including:
- Copyright Applications
- Copyright Infringement
- Distribution Agreements
- Rights of Privacy
- Rights of Publicity
- Real Property disputes
- Suppliers & Distributors
- Trademark Infringement
- Trade Secrets
- Wholesale Transactions
Top Entertainment FAQs
- Basics of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- A Major National Retailer Has Stolen Your Work, and You’ve Become a Victim of Copyright Infringement: What Do You Do Now?
- Top Legal Issues in Film Production Law
- Top 10 Must-Know Tips for Negotiating Your Publishing Agreement for Authors and Writers
- Top Legal Issues and Deal-Making Tips for Negotiating an Artist-Management Agreement for Musicians, Singers, Songwriters, Music Bands, Groups, and Recording Artists
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Band Member in Freeze-Out/Squeeze-Out and Theft of Intellectual Property Assets by Bandmates in Music Group Dispute
- Axis Hired by Los Angeles Independent Record Label for Studio Producer Engagements
- Child Music Recording Artist Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Fraud and Intellectual Property Claims against Well-known Hollywood Producer
- Los Angeles Film Production Company Retains Axis Legal Counsel for Reality Television Project
- Axis Settles Labor Law Claims Between Band Guitarist and Rock/Punk Band Accused of Violating California Wage Laws
The firm prides itself on its “Clients-First” approach – placing client relations and satisfaction as its top goal.
Focus on Innovation
We are consistently commended on our innovative and creative approaches to legal services.
Read about our “Clients First” philosophy and commitment to excellence in legal professionalism.
Ready to leave the billable hour? Read about our progressive approach to billing and flat fee options.
Long Term Partnership
Driven to the pursuit of excellence in the law, our focus is on building relationships with clients for life.
Axis brings solid knowledge and experience to the table and works with clients to find creative, strategic, and cost-effective solutions.
From Our Entertainment Blog
Thinking of Hiring an Influencer to Help Promote Your Business or its Products and Services? Here’s What Your Influencer Agreement Should Look Like:
Hiring an influencer can be a very effective marketing strategy depending on your business. Getting a social media celebrity involved in your company's business development goals isn't just for large blue-chip companies anymore. This strategy [...]
A Major National Retailer Has Stolen Your Work, and You’ve Become a Victim of Copyright Infringement: What Do You Do Now?
Photo Credit: Corporate.kohls.com What you do when a major national department store engages in corporate theft and takes all of your art designs, decides to commercialize your work, without your knowledge, and then [...]
If you are an author or writer, and have been approached with a publishing agreement by a publisher, literary agent, or other publishing company, then congratulations - you've accomplished what every writer aspires to achieve, [...]
Top Legal Issues and Deal-Making Tips for Negotiating an Artist-Management Agreement for Musicians, Singers, Songwriters, Music Bands, Groups, and Recording Artists
Let’s face it – the music industry is one of the hardest to break into. Each year, thousands of musicians, songwriters, singers, bands, and recording artists make the decision to try to take their passion [...]