8Justin Bieber is the latest victim of overly aggressive security guards. At Coachella 2015, Bieber and members of his entourage and security staff in the V.I.P. area when they were allegedly involved in a scuffle with security. According to TMZ, the pop music star was being escorted by a member of the Coachella staff to the backstage area after showing the proper id wrist band. Security guards then came up behind him and allegedly grabbed him in a chokehold. Members of his staff got involved but they ended up being escorted from the festival.
Chokeholds are often barred in practice by law enforcement because they can result in serious injuries to the victim. A variety of techniques by security guards, including defensive tactics, arresting, and handcuffing, can all cause injury to a victim if done improperly, or by an untrained individual.
AXIS Legal Counsel represents victims of excessive force, including by security guards, mall security, retail store security, loss prevention store associates, loss prevention employees, and others. Excessive force can result when the security guard or officer (or even unbadged employee) uses too much force to restrain, detain, or arrest an individual, beyond what would be appropriate for the circumstances. Excessive force claims can result in chokeholders, broken arms, broken ribs, spinal contusions, neck and back injuries, spinal injuries, as well as head injuries and other permanent medical disabilities.
AXIS Legal Counsel’s excessive force practice is part of its Individual Rights practice area. Axis represents clients in numerous types of personal injury accidents and injuries, including car accidents, auto/vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucks accidents, boating accidents, brain injuries, head injuries, burn injuries, school bus accidents, dog bite injuries, parasailing accidents, premises liability, slip-and-falls, products liability, trip and fall injuries, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, gym/exercise accidents, and other personal injury accidents. AXIS handles personal injury accidents that have resulted in head injuries, traumatic concussions, fractures, facial fractures, facial trauma, and traumatic brain injuries. Axis’ managing attorney, Rabeh M. A. Soofi is recognized as a “Top Women Lawyer of Southern California” by SuperLawyers Rising Stars, and is a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer who represents victims of accident and injuries in numerous kinds of disputes.
For information on retaining AXIS Legal Counsel to represent you or a loved one with any accident or injury, contact email@example.com or call (213) 403-0130 for a confidential consultation, or visit our Accidents and Injuries Practice or Individual Rights portal. AXIS is a Los Angeles, California personal injury law firm that provides victims of accidents and injuries with aggressive representation to pursue the maximum extent of their rights.
More Accidents & Injury FAQs
- What is a Lien and How does a Lien in a Personal Injury Accident Work?
- Is it Possible to Get Treatment for an Accident without Health Insurance?
- What’s the #1 Mistake That Car Accident Victims Make?
- Statute of Limitations for Personal Injuries from Auto Accidents in California
- Do You Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney for an Accident?
- Client’s Guide to Finding and Selecting a Doctor
- Injuries at the Gym – What Equipment Causes 45% of Exercise Injuries?
- Summer Safety: Tips on “Injury-Proofing” Your Summer
Latest Accident/Injury Representations
- Victim of High Speed Auto Accident Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Personal Injury Claims
- Rear-End Auto Accident Victim Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- AXIS Retained for Bar Nightclub Security and Assault Dispute
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired for Multiple Car Pile-Up Personal Injury Auto Accident
- Rear-End Victims of Car Crash Hire AXIS Legal Counsel for Personal Injury and Property Damage Claims
- AXIS Files Lawsuit Involving 5 Freeway Collision
- Axis Hired in High Profile Personal Injury Dispute
- Vehicle Accident Victim Hires Axis to Pursue Legal Claims Against Negligent Driver
- Multi-Car Accident Victims Hire Axis
- Slip-and-Fall Accident Victim hires Axis Legal Counsel
Latest Accidents & Injury Blog Posts
If you don't have health insurance, getting medical treatment for an injury caused by someone [...]
If you are injured in an accident, it is critically important that you seek appropriate [...]
Sexual molestation is unlike most types of legal claims – on childhood victims, it can [...]
We’ve all been there – driving along to work, the grocery store, or taking the [...]
A woman in a Mercedes Benz that was involved in a two-car accident has died [...]