► Literary and Publishing Law
Axis has substantial experience in representing clients in the Literary & Publishing industry.
Whether it involves the representation of writers, authors, poets, novelists, nonfiction authors, e-publishing outlets, publishers, distributors, or others, Axis’ practice provides high quality representation of those involved in the publishing and literary industry.
► Who We Represent
Axis represents numerous types of clients involved in and connected with the literary and publishing industry, whether on the author/creative side or company side. There are a number of players involved in the literary and publishing industry:
► Types of Literary Works We Represent
Having experience in the legal issues central to the literary and publishing business is crucial for providing reliable legal advice to literary industry clients. Our clients come from a range of genres spanning multiple fields and areas, including but not limited to the following:
► Literary and Publishing Practice Areas
We represent clients involved with the Literary and Publishing industry with a variety of legal matters. Whether it involves contract negotiations, entity formation, compliance with state or federal laws and regulations, licensing, copyright/trademark matters, consulting, strategic advice, or other publishing negotiations, Axis offers creative professionals in or doing business with the literary and publishing industry high-quality legal representation spanning multiple legal fields.
► Top Literary FAQs
Read our Entertainment FAQs
Our FAQs answer the most common issues
in the Entertainment industry.
We have an extensive FAQ Library that covers the most common questions we get from entertainment clients, as well as FAQs on recent changes in law affecting entertainment clients.
- Basics of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- A Major National Retailer Has Stolen Your Work, and You’ve Become a Victim of Copyright Infringement: What Do You Do Now?
- Top Legal Issues in Film Production Law
- Top 10 Must-Know Tips for Negotiating Your Publishing Agreement for Authors and Writers
- Top Legal Issues and Deal-Making Tips for Negotiating an Artist-Management Agreement for Musicians, Singers, Songwriters, Music Bands, Groups, and Recording Artists
- Business Tax Calculator – Sole Proprietorship vs C Corp vs S Corp vs LLC
- Tips on Protecting Fabric and Fashion Designs from Infringement
- Overview of Copyrighting a New Work of Authorship
- Top Tax Tips and Traps for Los Angeles Entertainment and Creative Professionals
- Top Entertainment Lawyers Los Angeles – Where to Look and How to Find One
- Screenwriters’ Dealmaking Tips for Negotiating a Screenplay for a Film and Television Option/Purchase Agreement
- How to Legally Sample Music
- Basics of Loan-Out Companies for Entertainers in Music, Film, TV, and Arts
- Do I Need an Entertainment Lawyer? How Entertainment Lawyers Work and When to Hire One
- Starting a Band – What are the Legal Issues?
Our Recent Projects
We counsel entertainment clients every day
in nearly every practice area.
We have represented a variety of entertainment clients in numerous industries across multiple disciplines and practice matters. Here are some of the highlights.
- Major Record Label Artist Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- New Film Production Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- Axis Hired to Start New Independent Record Label
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Band Member in Freeze-Out/Squeeze-Out and Theft of Intellectual Property Assets by Bandmates in Music Group Dispute
- Axis Hired by Los Angeles Independent Record Label for Studio Producer Engagements
- Child Music Recording Artist Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Fraud and Intellectual Property Claims against Well-known Hollywood Producer
- Los Angeles Film Production Company Retains Axis Legal Counsel for Reality Television Project
- Axis Settles Labor Law Claims Between Band Guitarist and Rock/Punk Band Accused of Violating California Wage Laws
- Axis Hired in Film Financing Dispute Involving High Profile Investors
- Axis Hired by LA’s Leading Immersive Experience Entertainment Company
- Axis Legal Counsel Retained to Represent Screenwriter in Acquisition of Beatles History Screenplay by United Kingdom based Film Production Company
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Victim of YouTube Copyright Infringement and Privacy Violation
- Axis Legal Counsel Secures Trademark Registration for Los Angeles Rock Band in Disputed Claim
- Celebrity Hires Axis Legal Counsel in Investor Rights Dispute
- Social Media Influencer Retains Axis Legal Counsel In Connection With Developmental Deal
- Axis Legal Counsel Representing Art Collector in International Multi-Million Dollar Fine Art Auction
- Victim of Abusive Publishing Contract Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Bring Legal Claims Against Publisher and Ghostwriter
- Los Angeles Independent Record Label Retains Axis for Recording Artist Engagements
- Axis Legal Counsel Representing Emerging Child Recording Artist in Record Label Transaction
- Axis Legal Counsel Represents Notable Music Group in Licensing Deal
- New York Music Recording Artist Hires Axis for Representation with High Profile Los Angeles Music Management Agency
- AXIS Legal Counsel Hired to Represent Los Angeles Band in Music Trademark Entertainment Dispute
- AXIS Hired to Represent International Pop Singer
- AXIS Hired by New York Entertainment Company for Labor & Employment Matters
- AXIS Hired by International Screenwriter for Major Studio Screenplay Submission
► Our Latest Charitable Giving Projects
Did you know that our clients’ legal dollars are hard at work giving back to the community? Axis is a significant donor and supporter of a multitude of charitable giving projects in the community as well as nationwide, donating a portion of legal fees to a variety of underserved needs and causes. Check out at our latest charitable giving projects below, and know that in supporting Axis, you are helping us improve hundreds of lives.