The internet dating service Match.com has many ads claiming they are the best place to meet your match. Now they have been taken to court over what has been described as deceptive advertising. A class action suit in California Federal Court has been filed by Mr. Zeke Graf who is claiming that the Match.com user agreement violates California law because it does not inform people they can cancel their contract with the company.
Graf alleges that Match.com is charging unfair monthly fees to uses who want to cancel their accounts but cannot do so. Service agreements like this have come under scrutiny from time to time for violating consumer protection laws. The consumer may want the service but the ever increasing fine print may makes it difficult for customers to understand what they are agreeing to, and whta their rights are.
AXIS Legal Counsel represents consumers in a variety of matters spanning multiple legal fields. AXIS represents clients in fraud claims, consumer deception, false advertising, deceptive trade practices, class actions, and other related matters. For information on retaining AXIS Legal Counsel for any contractual dispute, contact email@example.com or call (213) 403-0130 for a confidential consultation, or visit our or Individual Rights Portal for more information.
Top Consumer Rights FAQs
- Can a Business Cut Your Credit Card?
- Can a Company Refuse to Accept Pennies?
- The Top Diet Scams of 2015
Latest Consumer Rights Representations
- Axis Hired for Energy Infrastructure Project Bid
- Major Record Label Artist Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- Axis Hired to Represent Non-Profit in Scientific / Healthcare Research Industry
- California Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy Sample Template
- California New Parent Leave Act 2018 Sample Policy Template, Rules, Overview and FAQs
- California 2018 Employee Handbook
- Checkout – Download Center
- California Interview Questions – What Not to Ask
- Paid Sick Leave Los Angeles California 2018 | Rules, Overview and FAQs
Latest Consumer Rights Articles & Blog Posts
If you don't have health insurance, getting medical treatment for an injury caused by someone [...]
If you are injured in an accident, it is critically important that you seek appropriate [...]
The internet dating service Match.com has many ads claiming they are the best place to [...]
A jury ruled that Toyota was at least partially responsible for a 2006 accident that [...]
Target, one of the largest retailers in the US, has come under scrutiny again – [...]