► Startup Financing and Venture Capital
Axis provides experienced handling of financing transactions between Startups, Angels, Investors, and VCs.
Our focus is on pre-seed, seed-stage, and growth-oriented startups, small businesses, as well as investor-backed ventures in a wide variety of financing transactions, including international financing.
► Who We Represent in Startup Financing Deals
Axis represents both investor-side and startup-side clients in startup financing matters.
► Startup Financing Practice Areas
We assist startups and investors materialize financing transactions to help raise capital, obtain working/project capital, and otherwise grow the startup upward. Our startup financing practice areas include but are not limited to the following:
Read our Startup FAQs
Our FAQs answer the most common issues
faced by California startups.
We have an extensive FAQ Library that covers the most common questions we get from startups , as well as FAQs on recent changes in California law affecting startups throughout California.
- Business Tax Calculator – Sole Proprietorship vs C Corp vs S Corp vs LLC
- Tips on Protecting Fabric and Fashion Designs from Infringement
- How to Start a Tattoo Shop in California – Help and Tips for New Tattoo Shop Owners
- Should I Form an LLC or a Corp?
- Can a California Corporation Do Business in Nevada to Save on Taxes or Fees?
- Having Trouble Getting Investor Funding For Your Startup? Here are Some Tips.
- How to Reincorporate or Convert into a Delaware Corporation
- Help! My Startup Is Going Nowhere. What am I Doing Wrong?
- Labor & Employment Guide for California Businesses
- Licensing & Permitting Guide for New California Businesses
- Guide to Taxes for New California LLCs
- Guide to Taxes for New California Corporations
- International Entrepreneurs: Can a Foreign Non-Citizen be a Founder of a New U.S. Startup?
- What is a Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement and Why Have One?
- Thinking of Starting Your Own New Business? When to Quit your Day Job.
- Help! A New Competitor has Stolen our Company’s Name…How Do We Stop Them from Using the Same Name?
- Do Founders Really Need a Restricted Stock Purchase Agreement for Founder’s Shares?
- Risk v. Reward: Thinking of Starting a Marijuana Dispensary or Delivery Startup?
- What is a Registered Agent and Why Does a Business Need One?
- Does a Single Owner Corporation, C, Corp, S Corp or LLC Need to Have Annual Meetings of Shareholders and Directors?
- What Happens if a California Corporation or LLC Does Not Hold Annual Meetings?
- Does a Delaware Corporation or LLC Have to Make Annual Filings in California?
- The Taxman Cometh: Tips for Navigating the Tax Consequences of Crowdfunding Money
- Can the Same Person be President/CEO, Treasurer/CFO and Secretary of a Corporation or LLC?
- Top 10 Most Expensive Intellectual Property Mistakes Made by Startups & Entrepreneurs
Our Recent Projects
Have we counseled startups like yours?
All the time.
We have represented a variety of startup clients in numerous industries across multiple disciplines and practice matters. Here are some of the highlights.
- Technology Infrastructure Company Axis Legal Counsel for Business Operations Matter
- Los Angeles Technology Infrastructure Services Provider retains Axis Legal Counsel for Employment and Labor Guidance
- Technology Solutions Company Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Business Litigation Dispute
- Digital Media Services Startup Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- Technology Marketing Company Retains Axis Legal Counsel for Client Services Contract Transactions
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired in Accountant Malpractice Litigation
- Axis Hired by LA’s Leading Immersive Experience Entertainment Company
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Victim of YouTube Copyright Infringement and Privacy Violation
- Axis Legal Counsel Secures Trademark Registration for Los Angeles Rock Band in Disputed Claim
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired by Limited Partner against Wrongful Conduct of General Partner in Limited Partnership (LP) Dispute
- Los Angeles Internet Marketing Business Hires Axis Legal Counsel for Business Dispute Involving Services Contract
- Victim of Abusive Publishing Contract Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Bring Legal Claims Against Publisher and Ghostwriter
- Los Angeles Tattoo Shop Hires Axis Legal Counsel in Shareholder Dispute
- Health & Beauty Spa Services Startup Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- Axis Legal Counsel Retained By Social Media Mobile App in International Financing Transaction
- Axis Legal Counsel Retained By Innovative Social Media Startup
- Legal Services Provider Hires Axis for Representation in Pursuing Rights in Commercial Lease Dispute
- AXIS Represents Shareholder in Business Corporate Shareholder Dispute
- AXIS Legal Counsel Representing Los Angeles Computer IT Services Company
- AXIS Legal Counsel Represents Commercial Tenant in Landlord Dispute
- AXIS Legal Counsel Assists Company with Employee Stock Option Issuance
- Axis Legal Counsel Representing Los Angeles Information Technology Company
- AXIS Legal Counsel Hired to Represent Los Angeles Band in Music Trademark Entertainment Dispute
- AXIS Legal Counsel Hired to Handle Startup Venture Financing with International Investors
- AXIS Legal Counsel Hired by Victim of Misappropriated Name, Likeness, and Image
► Our Latest Charitable Giving Projects
Did you know that our clients’ legal dollars are hard at work giving back to the community? Axis is a significant donor and supporter of a multitude of charitable giving projects in the Los Angeles, California community as well as nationwide, donating a portion of legal fees to a variety of underserved needs and causes. Check out at our latest charitable giving projects below, and know that in supporting Axis, you are helping us improve hundreds of lives.