Despite efforts from the Wal-Mart truck driver to put the civil lawsuit on hold, actor and comedian Tracy Morgan and his attorneys will not have to wait to seek justice. The lawsuit stems from an accident that occurred in the summer of 2014 when the truck struck a limousine seriously injuring Morgan and two others and killing performer James McNair.
The truck driver is currently facing criminal charges stemming from the accident and requested a stay until that case was settled. After hearing the appeal a judge ruled that the civil case would in no way hamper the driver’s right to a fair trial in the pending criminal case.
The truck driver is not specifically named in the lawsuit filed by Morgan, but as a principle participant in the event that led to the lawsuit chances are relatively high that he would be called into court for questioning. And while it could be difficult for the driver to juggle court appearances for two consecutively running trials, Tracy Morgan has a right to pursue his claim seeking damages for the injuries he suffered during the crash.
Morgan and the other plaintiffs plan to cite lapses in safety on the part of Wal-Mart in their case in order to get unspecified damages to cover medical costs, pain and suffering and other costs associated with their injuries. If the legal team can prove that proper safety procedures were ignored Wal-Mart and the driver could be responsible for paying out a hefty settlement.
All drivers who get behind the wheel are required to adhere to the laws of the road. If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence you need to seek legal help immediately. An experienced personal injury attorney can evaluate all of the details of your case to determine any wrongdoing. If there is evidence that another driver was distracted or negligent while operating their vehicle, your attorney can fight to get you money for medical expenses and pain and suffering.
AXIS Legal Counsel represents victims of numerous types of personal injury accidents and injuries, including car accidents, auto/vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucks accidents, boating accidents, brain injuries, head injuries, burn injuries, school bus accidents, dog bite injuries, parasailing accidents, premises liability, slip-and-falls, products liability, trip and fall injuries, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, gym/exercise accidents, and other personal injury accidents. AXIS handles personal injury accidents that have resulted in head injuries, traumatic concussions, fractures, facial fractures, facial trauma, and traumatic brain injuries. Axis’ managing attorney, Rabeh M. A. Soofi is recognized as a “Top Women Lawyer of Southern California” by SuperLawyers Rising Stars, and is a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer who represents victims of accident and injuries in numerous kinds of disputes.
For information on retaining AXIS Legal Counsel to represent you or a loved one with any accident or injury, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 403-0130 for a confidential consultation, or visit our Accidents and Injuries Practice or Individual Rights portal. AXIS is a Los Angeles, California personal injury law firm that provides victims of accidents and injuries with aggressive representation to pursue the maximum extent of their rights.
More Accidents & Injury FAQs
- What is a Lien and How does a Lien in a Personal Injury Accident Work?
- Is it Possible to Get Treatment for an Accident without Health Insurance?
- What’s the #1 Mistake That Car Accident Victims Make?
- Statute of Limitations for Personal Injuries from Auto Accidents in California
- Do You Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney for an Accident?
- Client’s Guide to Finding and Selecting a Doctor
- Injuries at the Gym – What Equipment Causes 45% of Exercise Injuries?
- Summer Safety: Tips on “Injury-Proofing” Your Summer
Latest Accident/Injury Representations
- Victim of High Speed Auto Accident Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Personal Injury Claims
- Rear-End Auto Accident Victim Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- AXIS Retained for Bar Nightclub Security and Assault Dispute
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired for Multiple Car Pile-Up Personal Injury Auto Accident
- Rear-End Victims of Car Crash Hire AXIS Legal Counsel for Personal Injury and Property Damage Claims
- AXIS Files Lawsuit Involving 5 Freeway Collision
- Axis Hired in High Profile Personal Injury Dispute
- Vehicle Accident Victim Hires Axis to Pursue Legal Claims Against Negligent Driver
- Multi-Car Accident Victims Hire Axis
- Slip-and-Fall Accident Victim hires Axis Legal Counsel
Latest Accidents & Injury Blog Posts
If you don't have health insurance, getting medical treatment for an injury caused by someone [...]
If you are injured in an accident, it is critically important that you seek appropriate [...]
Sexual molestation is unlike most types of legal claims – on childhood victims, it can [...]
We’ve all been there – driving along to work, the grocery store, or taking the [...]
A woman in a Mercedes Benz that was involved in a two-car accident has died [...]