A California chiropractor performed acupuncture on a patient in January of 2014 to help relieve pain. While this might sound like a logical course of action, the problem was that this particular medical professional wasn’t certified in the practice of acupuncture and he caused injury to the patient he was working on.
During the course of her appointment, Jamie Del Fierro complained to her doctor that she was feeling discomfort. Her concerns were dismissed and she was sent home following the completion of the acupuncture only to end up in the hospital later that day. The pain she was feeling came as a result of a punctured lung that occurred as a result of a misstep by the unlicensed practitioner.
Acupuncture doesn’t fall under the umbrella of traditional medicine, but performing it properly requires years of schooling and hundreds of hours of training. This is not something that someone, even with other medical training, should be performing without the proper accreditation. Untrained practitioners performing acupuncture can result in any number of serious injuries and puts the patient at an increased risk of infection. This is why it is critical that patients research their health care providers to ensure that they aren’t being put in a dangerous position during appointments.
If it is true that this doctor performed acupuncture with training or certification he could be in serious trouble. He may not only be responsible for covering the costs of his patient’s care following the injury he caused but could conceivably come under fire from the medical board and possibly lose his chiropractic license.
If you have been injured by a negligent health care provider you should contact a personal injury attorney immediately. An experienced attorney can review your story, your medical records and the doctor’s history in an effort to determine any wrongdoing. If the doctor was negligent your attorney can fight to get you compensation for medical bills and any pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the ordeal.
AXIS Legal Counsel represents victims of numerous types of personal injury accidents and injuries, including car accidents, auto/vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucks accidents, boating accidents, brain injuries, head injuries, burn injuries, school bus accidents, dog bite injuries, parasailing accidents, premises liability, slip-and-falls, products liability, trip and fall injuries, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, gym/exercise accidents, and other personal injury accidents. AXIS handles personal injury accidents that have resulted in head injuries, traumatic concussions, fractures, facial fractures, facial trauma, and traumatic brain injuries. Axis’ managing attorney, Rabeh M. A. Soofi is recognized as a “Top Women Lawyer of Southern California” by SuperLawyers Rising Stars, and is a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer who represents victims of accident and injuries in numerous kinds of disputes.
For information on retaining AXIS Legal Counsel to represent you or a loved one with any accident or injury, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 403-0130 for a confidential consultation, or visit our Accidents and Injuries Practice or Individual Rights portal. AXIS is a Los Angeles, California personal injury law firm that provides victims of accidents and injuries with aggressive representation to pursue the maximum extent of their rights.
More Accidents & Injury FAQs
- What is a Lien and How does a Lien in a Personal Injury Accident Work?
- Is it Possible to Get Treatment for an Accident without Health Insurance?
- What’s the #1 Mistake That Car Accident Victims Make?
- Statute of Limitations for Personal Injuries from Auto Accidents in California
- Do You Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney for an Accident?
- Client’s Guide to Finding and Selecting a Doctor
- Injuries at the Gym – What Equipment Causes 45% of Exercise Injuries?
- Summer Safety: Tips on “Injury-Proofing” Your Summer
Latest Accident/Injury Representations
- Victim of High Speed Auto Accident Hires Axis Legal Counsel to Pursue Personal Injury Claims
- Rear-End Auto Accident Victim Hires Axis Legal Counsel
- AXIS Retained for Bar Nightclub Security and Assault Dispute
- Axis Legal Counsel Hired for Multiple Car Pile-Up Personal Injury Auto Accident
- Rear-End Victims of Car Crash Hire AXIS Legal Counsel for Personal Injury and Property Damage Claims
- AXIS Files Lawsuit Involving 5 Freeway Collision
- Axis Hired in High Profile Personal Injury Dispute
- Vehicle Accident Victim Hires Axis to Pursue Legal Claims Against Negligent Driver
- Multi-Car Accident Victims Hire Axis
- Slip-and-Fall Accident Victim hires Axis Legal Counsel
Latest Accidents & Injury Blog Posts
If you don't have health insurance, getting medical treatment for an injury caused by someone [...]
If you are injured in an accident, it is critically important that you seek appropriate [...]
Sexual molestation is unlike most types of legal claims – on childhood victims, it can [...]
We’ve all been there – driving along to work, the grocery store, or taking the [...]
A woman in a Mercedes Benz that was involved in a two-car accident has died [...]